Saturday, February 03, 2018

An abiding mystery.

The Madness single "Cardiac Arrest."  Hell, it's a catchy song.  Like pretty much every Madness single.  But what about this bit:

Think of seven letters
Begin and end with C
Like a big American car
But misspelled with a D

So...like, am I missing something really obvious?  The words can't be anything other than "cadillac" and "cardiac," can they?  Can they?  But...well, first of all "cadillac" is eight letters, so we have to get rid of two if we're going to add a 'D' and end up with seven.  So...cadidac?  caddiac?  Don't think they were thinking too hard about these lyrics, to be brutally honest.



3 Comments:

Blogger GeoX, one of the GeoX boys. pontificated to the effect that...

Is this gonna be one of those things where there's a really, really obvious answer that someone'll point out and I'll be like, goddamit, how do I MISS such simple things? Well, I guess we'll find out.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Pan Miluś pontificated to the effect that...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:12 AM  
Blogger Pan Miluś pontificated to the effect that...

I actually google the lyrics and found at least two pages of people sharing your confusion...

My awnser is that it was ment to be more of a world-play joke : Cadillac rhymes with Cardiac (at least in my ears). I LOVE puns where they reuse words in diffrent conext (use synonyms or idioms) or play with them phonetically.
("How can people rank the new Star Wars movie as bad without even seeing the trailer? I keep hearing them whining about it being "So low" everywhere so much I don't even know what's the title is yet...")

When I roll my eyes is where it's just using random rhymes.
- This book is called "My Rich life"
- More like 'My BITCH life"

That always comes of as to force and less funny to me...

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home