Friday, May 21, 2010

Why did you not watch Parks & Recreation this season?

I mean, I assume you didn't, given its dismal ratings. So, seriously--what's WRONG with you? This is the best sitcom I've seen since...well, EVER, maybe. You know why I stopped watching The Office? Well, I would have sooner rather than later ANYWAY, once I realized that I could no longer stand ANY of the characters, but Parks & Rec is what sped the process along: the gulf in quality between the two is just embarrassing.

Okay, I GUESS you would be forgiven for having tuned out after the not-that-good six-episode first season. Clearly, everyone involved was still trying to figure out what they were doing. But GODDAMN did the season that just finished tonight rock the hell out of your face. Or it WOULD have--but you didn't see it, did you? And now useless fucking NBC has so little faith in it that they're shunting it back to JANUARY as a mid-season replacement show. Grrr.

Look, people: I will be heartbroken if this show goes the Arrested Development route and gets canceled after a truncated third season. So I am ORDERING you--by the powers vested in me by the Blogging States of Blogonia--to purchase the second-season DVDs as soon as they come out, and then to watch it religiously when it comes back on. Come on--it's not as though I'm asking you to do something unpleasant.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jasihn pontificated to the effect that...

Good thing I watched it already so I don't have to face your wrath. I agree that it's gotten much better but I wish the awkward relationship with April and Mark would just work out. I don't see why they left the season on such a sour note.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous dlauthor pontificated to the effect that...

Don't look at me. My wife and I are two of the other six people who watch it religiously.

10:20 AM  
Blogger GeoX, one of the GeoX boys. pontificated to the effect that...

Well. I'm glad that at least this blog's readers have good taste.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home