Wednesday, January 07, 2009

And furthermore!

I hate to ruin a good thing by babbling too much about it, but SERIOUSLY, the depth of that man's stupidity almost defies belief. Has the phrase "Big Brother is watching" EVER, ONCE, since its inception, been used in a positive sense? It doesn't matter if you've actually read the book or not; how could you somehow imagine that Big Brother is a benevolent figure? How?? HOW!?! (this is the part where I'd be shaking you by the shoulders if I were ranting at you in person).

Okay, deep breath. I guess I shouldn't be THAT surprised--this is the same Bill Orally who doesn't know what a panda looks like--but my god, especially given the constant efforts of the right to co-opt Orwell, it's just baffling to me that he could fuck up something so basic.

2 Comments:

Blogger :-| pontificated to the effect that...

but seriously, does this mean that every damn time we walk by that clever secret blog cover storefront mallcrawl specialty option, there's a shoe waiting with it in for us on the farside?

9:24 PM  
Blogger Kaitlyn pontificated to the effect that...

When he was holding that bear and calling it a panda, I was sure he was joking.

He had to be joking, right?

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home