Wednesday, September 03, 2008

The good news about the RNC...

...is that it's actually almost unspeakably boring. I was hoping for a Nuremburg Rally-type thing, but it's nowhere near that interesting, mostly due, apparently, to lack of competence. You'd think they could at least manage the stagecraft, but this is real amateur hour stuff.

Part of the problem of course is that their message is completely incoherent: there's a lot of banging on about change and reform and fixing Washington, which isn't really very compelling, given that they've spent the last eight years trashing the joint. I was only half-listening, so I might have missed something important, but Mike Huckabee told a really bizarre story about veterans giving desks to students. Wuh?, thought I.

There's also a lot of hyperbole about how Sarah Palin is the most fucking awesome Vice Presidential candidate in the history of the UNIVERSE, which is pretty surreal. I can't help but think that they're doing this because they were so caught off-guard by the brazen cynicism of the choice that all they can think to do is desperately over-compensate. I don't see it working, but what do I know?

At any rate, it's impossible to imagine how this little debacle could give them any sort of electoral advantage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home