Sunday, July 24, 2005

Political Dream Blogging

Well, 'political' might be pushing it. But the other night, I had a dream where I was sitting around some sort of conference table with various anonymous people--and George W. Bush. It seems he was working on writing a book about Renaissance art (it could happen!). He mentioned something about including "Raphael," and for some reason I thought it would be hilarious to "trick" him into listing ALL the Ninja Turtles. How about Donatello?" I suggested. He was amenable to that, and Michaelangelo also. Worried that he might figure out what I was trying to do, I didn't just come out and say "Leonardo;" instead, I used the clever subterfuge of "how about Da Vinci? Leonardo Da Vinci?" This whole time I was grinning and laughing like an idiot; I just found myself too funny for words, and I was surprised that the rest of the table was remaining impassive.

I wish this dream had an edifying conclusion, but like most dreams, it just stopped. Feel free to subject it to rigorous political analysis, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home