Friday, June 17, 2005

Purely symbolic, meaningless gesture of defiance

Dick Durbin stands for me, motherfuckers.

The response amongst the frothing right-wing to the Senator's entirely accurate statement is some scary fucking shit. They've been raving about librul traitors for quite some time, of course, but possibly the fact that an actual US Senator had the guts to tell it like it bloody well is.

I can't believe I'm saying this, and I do feel a deep sense of embarrassment that I'm even thinking along these lines, but: I'm seriously thinking of buying a gun. Because the murderous rage against anyone who opposed this whole bloody fucking mess, already at a violent boil, is only going to increase in intensity the more painfully obvious it becomes that, by any definition you can name, we've lost the war, and lost it badly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home